"It's a snowy day and we need to figure out what Blue wants to do in the snow. As we find her clues, we also match snowflakes with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, help a Calendar Friend fix her mixed-up weather picture, and help Steve remember what's missing on Blue as she gets ready to go outside."
- Question: What does Blue want to do in the snow?
- 1. A Carrot
- 2. A Hat
- 3. A Snowball
- Answer to Blue's Clues: Build a snowman
- Wrong Answer: Make a snowball sundae, by putting a snowball in the hat and the carrot on the top.
- Living room picture: The Blue's Clues House in a winter setting
- Skidoo location: Calendar
It is a snowy day and Steve and Blue are going outside to play. They play a game of Blue's Clues to figure out what Blue wants to do in the snow. The first clue was a carrot. Later on, they observe snowflake patterns with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper. In the Skidoo segment, they help a calendar girl to fix the scene depicted in a calendar picture to match the winter season. After skidooing back home, Steve finds the second clue on a hat. We also help Blue to figure out what she is missing when she loses some winter clothing items while trying to get dressed to get ready to go outside. Mailbox comes inside to deliver the mail and shakes the snow off. Some get on the thinking chair. In the letter, some kids were making paper snowflakes. Not long after that, Steve finds the third clue on a big snowball. Steve draws it out and returns to the thinking chair to put all three clues together. The clues were a carrot, a hat, and a snowball. Steve thought that they could put the snowball in the hat and have a snowball sundae with a carrot on top. That was a silly answer. The viewer studied the three clues and thought making a snowman was a better idea. After figuring out Blue's Clues, Steve and Blue head outside to make a snowman. Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Calendar Girl, and Tickety Tock helped decorate it. After that, Steve sings the So Long Song and this episode ends.
- Coordinating Producer Penelope Jewkes is also one of Steve's Friends in this episode.
- The Sledding music was later used in the season three holiday special Blue's Big Holiday and the season four episode The Anything Box.
- The Ice Skating music was later used in "Tickety's Favorite Nursery Rhyme" and "Math!".
- This is the only appearance of Calendar Girl.
- This is the third episode to use "No, it's a clue" from Adventures in Art.
- This is the first time the third clue was found straight after Mailtime.
- This is the first time it has snowed on an episode of Blue's Clues, and the only time it snows in Season 1.
- This is the first episode where Steve gets his notebook coming from the right side of the house instead of the left.
- The footage of this may actually be a deleted shot while filming Snack Time.
- A picture of their own house was on the yellow living room picture frame.
- This episode is the second of two on the VHS release of Blue's Big Holiday and the DVD release of Blue's First Holiday.
- The video uses a combined credits sequence that does not properly separate the crew from each episode.
- The format used is Season 3 generic.
- The music clip from the credits is reused in Blue's Big Musical.
- This episode features a Blue Noggin Snowman logo.
- There is a Nickelodeon logo shaped like a bone in Snack Time, and Geography.
- Just like Magenta Comes Over, the Mailtime Segment takes place rather close to the end instead of more towards the middle.
- This is the first time to have a clue moving by itself while making a sound.
- When Steve says Hi to the viewer, his voice is high-pitched.
- During Steve's message saying he needs the viewer's help to figure out the answer, his hair is now different from the other episodes. This has also happened in the previous episode Pretend Time.
- This is the first episode where Steve sings The So Long Song outside of the house instead of inside the house.
- Therefore, it does not zoom out of the house nor does Blue pop up to bark and wave goodbye to the viewer before the credits appear there are close the door but there not.
- This will happen again in later episodes.
- This is the first aired episode where Steve's voice is lower-pitched and more calm, although there are some instances with his voice higher pitched, like in the later episodes of Season 1.
- This was the last episode to air in 1996.
- Clips from this episode were seen in the story that Josh read in this video on the Blue's Clues & You! YouTube channel.
- This is the first time the second clue was found after the skidoo segment.
- In the credits, jingle bells are heard. This happens again in Blue's Big Holiday and Blue's First Holiday.
- Steve's skidoo sound mistakenly plays when Blue skidoos into the calendar.
- One of the credit slides was taken out by mistake. This was fixed in The Trying Game.
- When Steve wipes the snow off the thinking chair, the latter can still be seen for a few seconds.
- A human hand can briefly be seen when Steve grabs the letter.